Sat, Mar 09|
Toxins in Personal Care Products
Learn about how conventional self-care is harmful to your body and healthy alternatives
Time & Location
Mar 09, 2024, 5:00 PM MST – Mar 10, 2024, 6:00 PM MDT
About the Event
Every morning millions of women across the world wake up in the morning and go straight into the shower. We wash our hair with shampoo and conditioner, touch up skin with some basic skin care and minimal makeup.
Once every 2-4 weeks we go to hair stylists to dye our hair, cover up gray roots and get our nails done.
We do it, because we’re told - this is how you take care of yourself.
How little do we know that every day doing these simple socially normalized actions we are actually one step closer to being diagnosed with cancer or chronic autoimmune condition.
Sadly, about 200.000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer each year, as early as in their 30-40s. Around 50 million Americans have one or more autoimmune diseases, and approximately 75 percent of those affected are women.
Right now autoimmune diseases are the fifth-leading cause of death in women younger than 65. With these overwhelming numbers some scientists still look for an explanation in genes, others are convinced that environmental factors are to blame.
I personally believe there’s no one single cause, but the combination of multiple factors:
- Industrial environmental toxins (toxins in the air, rain, ground water, soil, produce),
- Toxins in the self-care products and clothes.
- Toxins in our households (cookware, cleaning products, laundry and dishwasher detergents, fabric softeners).
- High estrogen, high fat and high protein diet.
- High levels of viruses and pathogenic bacterias we are exposed to.
- High levels of stress, low levels of physical activity, isolation from nature.
While some of these factors we usually can’t control (like environmental toxins should be controlled by the government), there are contributing factors that are within our control - and that is what I’m inviting you to talk about.
Hey, I’m Polina LeRoy, PhD, a medical intuitive holistic wellness coach for women and I’m passionate about educating and guiding women towards Radical Self-Care - self-care that is supporting your health and wellbeing.
We will go through the most common self-care routines and how they can be damaging to our health:
- Washing hair with shampoo and conditioners.
- Hair dying, styling and treatments.
- Manicure and and pedicure.
- Moisturising creams, lotions, and deodorants.
- Sunscreens and tan-lotions,
We will discuss:
- Why FDA doesn’t protect consumers and why it’s our personal responsibility to protect our and our children's health.
- The most toxic ingredients to check for in personal care products.
- Healthy alternatives to look for.
- What to do with toxins that are already in the body.
This is a donation based event - pay as much as you want.
If you can't watch it live, replay will be available. Replay will be available for registered attendees only.
- Ticket type
Pay What You Want$